340g Bore Driver ELDX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably got 10-12 notices last week that online sources (Brownells, Powder Valley, Precision, Natchez) had them in stock. So, they seem to be getting easier to find (online).
Thanks.
I received some notices about brands other than Winchester.
I’m just being too picky I suppose.

G_0641.jpg

Prior to this morning this bullet has always been shot using Federal 209A primers. Ignition has been perfect, and the Bestill breech plug used has been 100% blow by free.

This morning it was decided to try the Remington STS primer just to satisfy a little curiosity. Because the STS primers are so much shorter shooting them requires a longer breech plug be installed in the Omega rifle. A Bestill plug cut to length just for the STS primer was utilized; the photo shows there was zero blow by.

Five shots were made at the top target.

G_0639.jpg

The STS primer works good.

Last edited:
I would say the sts primer works just fine!
Would also say shooter works just fine also!
Good shooting!

View attachment 44304

Prior to this morning this bullet has always been shot using Federal 209A primers. Ignition has been perfect, and the Bestill breech plug used has been 100% blow by free.

This morning it was decided to try the Remington STS primer just to satisfy a little curiosity. Because the STS primers are so much shorter shooting them requires a longer breech plug be installed in the Omega rifle. A Bestill plug cut to length just for the STS primer was utilized; the photo shows there was zero blow by.

Five shots were made at the top target.

View attachment 44306
Was the wind blowing Ron? Looks like quite a bit of horizontal dispersion.

Back